The Office of the Data Protection Authority (ODPA) have announced the following events in 2020, all are free to attend (with the exception of the Conference):
– Data Protection in the Workplace
– How to respond to ‘subject access requests’
– Data breaches: Human error vs. technology
– Doing the right thing with personal data: Data Ethics in practice
– The Seven Data Protection Principles
– The human at the heart: Individuals’ rights under data protection legislation
– Data protection in Healthcare
– ODPA Conference 2020
Please visit: https://odpa.gg/events/ for more details.
The ODPA events programme should be considered in the context of section 61 of The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017 which outlines their duty to raise public awareness of citizens’ rights and to promote awareness of controllers/processors’ legal duties.