This grant is aimed at smaller businesses and the self-employed as a means to help their businesses and be utilised in whichever way you deem appropriate, but is intended to last three months.

The amount payable will be a flat sum of £3,000. On Wednesday 15th April, the grant to small businesses and the self-employed has been widened and now includes the following sectors:

  • Hospitality and tourism;
  • Passenger transport and travel;
  • Rental and leasing of cars and recreational goods;
  • Recreation and entertainment;
  • Event management and event services;
  • Personal service activities such as hairdressers, beauticians and animal boarding;
  • Commercial fishing;
  • Private extra-curricular education such as dance and riding schools;
  • Non-food and non-pharmacy retail;
  • Advertising and marketing;
  • Construction;
  • Manufacturing;
  • Cleaning services;
  • Window cleaning;
  • Gardening;
  • Pet care services;
  • Waste services (particularly those focused on commercial and building work);
  • Estate Agents;
  • Architects and building design services;
  • Facilities management and office management;
  • Security and cash transfer activities;
  • Freight and goods transfer (excluding food); and
  • Dental and dental hygienists and other non-essential personal health and hygiene roles.

To be eligible for support, your business must have been trading for at least 6 months, since 1st September 2019 and is restricted to businesses with 10 employees or less. If you employ staff, you are also able to claim support under the Coronavirus Payroll Co-Funding Scheme.

Requests from businesses in other sectors of the economy will also be considered where the business can demonstrate hardship as a result of the Coronavirus. If required, the scheme may be extended to other sectors.

If a self-employed person claims Income Support, the value of the grant may be taken into account. This will depend upon when the grant was paid and when Income Support becomes payable. For Income Support purposes only, the grant will be valued at £230 per week for a maximum period of 13 weeks.

You can also request deferral or staggered payment of your Social Insurance contributions for both Quarter 1 and Quarter 2. If you have already paid your Social Insurance contributions for Quarter 1 you can request a refund. If you have a tax debt, you can contact us to agree a payment plan. You can email with the subject ‘refund’ or ‘deferral’ and someone will contact you as soon as possible.

Further information is available in the guidance document below. This includes, on States-owned land, mooring fees for commercial fisherman, TRP and Social Insurance Employer Contributions.