Our Islands Creative Competition
Here at Guernsey Chamber we see huge value in creativity and the positive impact this can have on mental health, community spirit and wellbeing.
So we have decided to hold a competition for anyone with a creative spirit to take part in our ‘Our Islands‘ creative competition.
The artwork must be connected to or inspired by the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Herm, Alderney or Sark, interpret this how you will! We want to see creativity with little restriction.
Shortlisted entries will be featured in our next issue of Contact Magazine with the winning piece on the cover! Contact magazine is distributed island wide and is a coffee table style magazine with a 6 month shelf life! Not only that, we will showcase a handful of our favourite entries at Chamber HQ once the current situation has blown over (did you know our office used to be an exhibition space?!). Local artist Olympia McEwan will be helping Chamber Executive chose the winning artwork. Olympia’s beautiful painting is featuring on the current issue of Contact magazine.
• This competition is open to ALL residents of Guernsey, Sark, Herm and Alderney, of any age!
• The artwork must be connected to or inspired by the Bailiwick of Guernsey, Herm, Alderney or Sark.
• Up to 3 entries per person.
• Entries must be sent as a digital image (eg if you have created a painting please photograph/scan it, if it is an item of furniture please photograph it etc)
• Entries must be sent in via email to email@example.com
• Any medium can be used from photography, art, knitting to poetry, lyrics, woodwork or jewellery making – it could even be a re-created space or garden.
• Guernsey Chamber will arrange to photograph your work if you need us to do this for you if you are the winner or shortlisted for display at Chamber HQ, when we are able to.
• On entering the competition you agree for images you send in and your name to be published on Guernsey Chamber social media accounts, website, newsletters and printed publications. If you are the winner or shortlisted to have your work displayed at the Chamber office, you will need to agree to display it at Chamber HQ for two weeks (date to be confirmed once restrictions are lifted).
• Entries may be shared on social media during the course of the competition
• Deadline for entries 30th June 2020
Let’s unearth these islands’ talent….quoting great local artist Little Paper Gallery ‘the world is your Ormer’!