A fantastic opportunity over the next 18 weeks for anyone between the ages of 18 and 35 to get involved in a global programme. You would be learning online with groups from other countries and undertaking a project in Guernsey during the second half of the programme. It is free to local participants as 10 places are sponsored by the Rotary Club of Guernsey Peace Education and Action for Impact – Rotary Club of Guernsey (rotary-ribi.org) .
The programme is run by World Beyond War Peace Education and Action for Impact – World BEYOND War. Part 1 is 9 weeks of online learning covering:
- An introduction to peacebuilding
- Understanding systems and their influence on war and peace
- Peaceful ways of being with self
- Peaceful ways of being with others
- Designing and implementing peace projects
- Monitoring and evaluating peace projects
Part 2 is literally action packed where the Guernsey team will develop, implement, and communicate a high-impact project. Throughout the second 9-weeks, participants will engage in ten core activities:
- In-country team meetings
- Stakeholder meetings
- Whole programme meetings
- Peace project mentor training
- Implementation of peace projects
- Ongoing mentoring and project check-ins
- Community celebrations/public events
- Evaluations of the impact of the work
- Producing accounts of the projects.
The projects can be local, national, regional, or global in scope.
It is a great opportunity to practice leadership skills and connect with global participants. It requires participants to be available 3 hours a week but this time can be flexible to suit them. There is no need for companies to release staff from work to take part.
The course starts this Saturday, 4th February and there are a few places left.
If anyone is interested please contact Jannine Birtwistle on 07781 450725 or email email@example.com.