Could you be the new Chair of Fairtrade Guernsey?
The Fairtrade Guernsey Steering Group was formed in 2005 by volunteers with the aim of raising awareness of and support for Fairtrade across the Bailiwick. Guernsey was awarded Fairtrade Island status in March 2006, and we continue to work with the States of Guernsey (in particular the Overseas Aid and Development Commission), the business community (especially the CI Co-operative and the Chamber of Commerce), schools, churches and other civil society groups to maintain this status. The new Chair will join a small but committed team of officers including an active Treasurer, Secretary and Assistant Secretary, to lead the Steering Group in continuing to develop such links and generally to raise awareness of how islanders can help bring about positive change for millions of farmers and workers in developing countries.
- Providing leadership to the Fairtrade Guernsey Steering Group
- Chairing Steering Group meetings
- Representing Fairtrade Guernsey at events and meetings, and acting as a spokesperson as appropriate
- Developing and managing strategic relationships with key organisations and individuals
- Liaising with the Secretary and Treasurer on:
o meetings and agendas
o renewal of Fairtrade Island status
o strategies to attract new Steering Group members
• Participation in events and activities Skills required
- Knowledge of Fairtrade and a commitment to Fairtrade principles
- Leadership skills, drive and enthusiasm
- Good communication and people skills
- Strategic vision
- Ability to devote the necessary time and effort
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect all opinions
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a teamTime commitment is 4-5 meetings per year, plus events and media engagements, notably during Fairtrade Fortnight at the end of February.Interested?
If you’d like to know more, please contact the Secretary, Hannah Davis, in the first instance on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a meeting to discuss further.The deadline for expressions of interest is 31st March 2022.