This is an introductory event run by the Office of the Data Protection Authority (ODPA) for anyone who is new to data protection and wants to understand an organisation’s legal duties in this area.
We will briefly explain the changes to ODPA registration which are in effect from January 2021 and what you need to do.
We will then take you on a journey to help you engage with data protection in a positive way, to see that it’s all about treating people well.
This event will be based on the content of ‘The Feel-Good Guide to Data Protection’, which covers:
1. Background: What ‘personal data’ is (and is not).
2. Background: What ‘processing’ personal data means.
3. What the aim of data protection is.
4. Why you should care about protecting people’s data.
5. What your organisation/business’ duties are under local data protection law.
6. How to get started on bringing your activities in-line with the Law.
7. How your organisation/business benefits from protecting the personal data in its care.
8. Where to get advice, support and guidance.
Book your free place at: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/odpa/455631 (note: very limited space left)