The Bailiwick of Guernsey entered into Phase 5 of the Exit from Lockdown framework on Saturday 20th June. As a result, normal trading conditions apply to the vast majority of businesses. Phases one and two of the Payroll Co-Funding Scheme has now ended, but phase three applications can be made by applicable businesses.
Support will continue for those businesses that remain heavily impacted until the end of March 2021. Please note this list was updated on 10 September 2020.
Qualifying businesses with a turnover in excess of 40% and up to at least 70% of normal levels will continue to be able to apply for up to 80% of minimum wage for their employees. This upper threshold will be extended to 80% of normal turnover in some circumstances. Businesses will need to contribute the remaining 20% of their employees’ wages.
The enhanced level, will allow businesses listed as eligible that have seen their turnover reduce to below 40% of normal levels will be able to apply for up to 100% of minimum wage for employees. This upper threshold will be extended to 50% for those businesses most in need and who are able to demonstrate support is still necessary.